First Off happy Valentine’s day beauties!
Starting with a few things to note, Im getting this information from a mixture of Lorac and Ulta’s websites.
- According to Ulta’s website the California Dreaming collection includes a cheek palette and eyeshadow palette
- According to the Lorac website it the collection Includes Both Palettes but also a few new shades of their Alter Ego Lipsticks, Pro Liquid Lipsticks, and a Light source illuminating 3-in-1 primer in two shades, dusk, and dawn.
- Ulta has all three of those things just not marketed toward them being a part of the collection. I’ve seen the three other things come out before the two palettes so I personally wouldn’t consider thing but i’m adding them just in case.
- According to Ulta this is limited edition.
- It is also made in the USA
I have the eye palette but I can still give you information about the cheek palette in this post as well, I will take the photos from Lorac’s website.
Starting with the eye palette packaging! It features a bunch of emoji type sticker looking designs. One thing I found to be pretty cool is there is little emoji sticker studs and you can actually feel the studs! All the other emoji stickers are flat but still beautiful.
Now onto the Inside!
This description of this palette says “Chunky sweaters and jewels, wind and white plush clouds, the glow of the sun and your toes in the sand. Lorac Los Angeles brings you an eye shadow palette that was inspired by all the things we love about the sunny city in late winter. This soft, universal eye shadow palette contains 12 matte and shimmer shades with a variety of highlight, crease, lid, and liner shades. Grab your sweater, sunglasses, and sandals and experience what Lorac has dreamed up for you.” I totally agree, when I look at this palette it makes me think of warm summer nights on the beach with friends and a bonfire!
Swatchers are as followed
Top to bottom:
- Sand Castle
- Hot Toddy
Top to bottom:
- cable knit
- kitty cat
- 65 °
TOTAL NET WT. 0.34 oz/9.72g which should be about 0.028 oz/ 0.81g per shadow.
Now Let’s get into the blush Palette. As i’ve stated I didn’t pick this one up so I will try to give as much information as I can about this product. Taken from lorac’s website “LORAC Los Angeles brings you a highlight, blush, and bronzer palette that was inspired by all the things we love about our sunny city in late winter. This warm, glowing cheek palette contains 4 limited edition shades to add highlight, color, and glow to your complexion”
Things to note:
- Same Packaging as the eye palette except the background is pink not white
- 4 limited edition shades
- Also made in the USA
- Also limited edition
The names are a bit blurry so from left to right we have
- Golden Hour
TOTAL NET WT.: 0.48 oz./ 13.4g which should be about 0.12 oz/ 3.35g per pan.