Let’s start off with a few key things about this palette.
- Limited Edition
- Available at ulta, sephora, and tarte’s website
- 10 eyeshadows
- 1 matte shade
- 1 highlighter
Now onto the packaging! Oh my god is it stunning, It’s like looking into a kaleidoscope.
I know you must be dying to see the inside of this beauty, well here it is!
isn’t she amazing?! This is tarte’s first colorful palette and boy oh boy did they nail it in my opinion. Not to mention the pigmentation is flawless.
Swatches are as Followed.
From top to bottom:
- myth (matte nude)
- magic (bronze)
- wings (copper)
- marvel (metallic sage)
- trance (taupe slate)
From top to bottom:
- fairy (metallic lavender)
- mystic (blue pearl)
- dream (turquoise)
- crystal (iridescent champagne)
- pixie (golden pink)
Last but not least the highlight
- believe (pearl highlight)
I personally believe this palette is worth it to go pick up. Breath taking packaging, highly pigmented shadows… what more could you ask for? I do wish they would have added one or two more matte shades in here but since they didn’t that just means you’ll get use out of two palettes that day!
I highly recommend this palette.
This is going to be a relatively short post because there isn’t much to say other than YOU NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE!!!!
Let’s start off with a few things to know about these babies.
- They are limited edition.
- They are sold on tarte’s website, sephora, and ulta.
- They are $39
- The set comes with 5 brushes.
The brushes come in a box with them pictured on the front.
Inside the box is unicorn tissue paper! What more could a girl ask for, am I right?!
Once you get past that beautiful tissue paper you see your beautiful new gold handled unicorn horn magic wand brushes!
Each brush has a unique color and propose (as stated below from left to right):
- purple liquid foundation brush: dense, fluffy bristles pick up & apply cream or liquid foundations & primers
- green blending eyeshadow brush: fluffy shadow brush defines the crease while blending out harsh lines
- pink powder brush: applies just the right amount of foundation or finishing powder for an airbrushed look
- blue shading eyeshadow brush: flat shading brush packs on base shadows & softens around the crease
- magenta contour brush: dense, flat bristles create a perfectly controlled contour
This is an amazing set of brushes! They’re soft, light weight, and beautiful!
*The information I have gathered here for you today was from tarte’s website!
Yes I know this palette is not new but I found it for $14.99! Where would something that is normally $36 dollars be $14.99 you ask? MARSHALLS!
I know the box says compare at $28 but all too faced 9 pan tins retail for $36.
The outside packaging is adorable! It features a leopard/cheetah print. Same size and shape as other too faced 9 pan tins.
Enough about the outside, Im sure what you’re all waiting for is to see the inside!
Beautiful selection of colors and the names are too stinking cute! I love how the too faced 9 pan tins all are seperated by day, classic, and fashion. It’s also nice that the last row can be used wet or dry or even as liner! Plus they all come with a little booklet over the mirror to show you three looks that you can achieve with each section! How awesome is that?
Now to show you the swatches! plus excuse my arm as I have a bit of an allergic reaction going on at the moment, I apologize.
Im going to do the swatches by row of day/classic/fashion.
Top to bottom:
- Tiger’s Eye
- Leopard (wet/dry)
Top to bottom:
- Pussy Cat
- Jungle Love (wet/dry)
- Kitty Glitter
- Panther (wet/dry)
As you saw above 3 shades are quite larger than the other 6, those shades are the top swatch of each photo.
- Larger pans individually: Net wt. 2.0g/0.07 oz
- Larger pans total: Net wt. 6.0g/0.21 oz
- Smaller pans individually: Net wt. 0.9g/0.03 oz
- Smaller pans total: Net wt. 5.4g/0.18 oz
All in All I personally think the two faced palettes are worth the $36 dollars but if you can find some of them cheaper then definitely pick them up!
Leave a comment below if you’d like to see the other 9 pan tin I have!
You all know how much I love the glitter & glow liquid eyeshadows! So when I saw they were coming out with 3 duo chrome shades I almost fainted! These are part of stila’s summer collection, which im guessing has to do with Mermaids considering the mascot of this theme is indeed a mermaid. Im so excited about these so lets dive on in!
First off these have the same outside packaging except where the name is there’s little mermaid scales!
This collection features three shades ($24 each):
- sunset Cove (Pink Gold)
- Sea Siren (Pink Blue)
- Into the Blue (Blue Purple)
I however only purchased two, these are the two I knew I would use the most. They look like nothing special inside the tube but once you have them swatched wow they’re amazing.
Left: sunset cove
Right: sea siren
I did swatches at two different angles to try and show you the duo chromatic effect.
Top: sunset cove
Bottom: sea siren
My consensous is if you love glitter and duo chrome…. YOU NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE.
We all know how makeup companies have collections within that company, right? Well Double Duty Beauty is Tarte’s ulta exclusive collection. When you hear double you automatically think two of something, correct? All of the products in this line have two purposes and this one happens to have skin care benefits! Makeup with skin care benefits!!!!
Also on each of these products there is a cute little quote! The powder came in a little purple bag with the words “make today beautiful”. As pictured below:
This particular product is a powder foundation which I would say gives a nice medium coverage, and is amazing for setting your foundation.It also comes with a little puff to apply the powder if you prefer those over brushes. The actual compact of the powder is a shiny gold metallic. As pictured below:
The product retails for $35 and It comes in ten shades which are listed below.
- fair neutral ~ fair skin with yellow and pink undertones
- fair-light neutral ~ fair to light skin with yellow and pink undertones
- light beige ~ light skin with pink undertones
- light neutral ~ light skin with yellow and pink tones
- light-medium neutral ~ light to medium skin with yellow and pink undertones
- medium honey ~ medium skin with peach undertones
- medium neutral ~ medium skin with yellow and pink undertones
- medium-tan honey ~ medium to tan skin with peach undertones
- tan honey ~ tan skin with peach undertones
- deep honey ~ deep skin with peach undertones
As always tarte is dermatologist tested, cruelty free, vegan friendly, and always formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, tricolsan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and gluten.
I want to take a moment to talk about how amazing Influenster is! You just sign up, connect your social media platforms, review products or even ask questions about products and they will send you free stuff to review! FREE! It’s extremely easy and I personally love it! Sign up through this link! It helps me out! Thank you guys, I promise you won’t regret it. http://www.influenster.com/r/1414564
Starting with a few things about this palette,
- Part of Lorac’s holiday 2016 collection
- LIMITED EDITION
- 2 blushes
- Total net wt 0.31 oz/8.82g (Blushes)
- 6 eyeshadows
- Total net wt 0.222 oz/6.3g (eyeshadows)
- originally $19
- ON SALE AT ULTA FOR $10
The outside features a rose gold and black design as shown below.
Moving on to the inside of the palette.
As you can see here nothing is named or numbered so I will show swatches of the blushes then each row of eyeshadow.
First row of eyeshadows:
Second row of eyeshadows:
All in all I think this is a very good deal for $10! I would say definitely a nice little treat!