Today we are going to be talking about the colourpop sweet nothings palette and let me just say, it’s a cool toned lovers DREAM.
Jumping Into a few things about this palette!
- Ulta exclusive
- Retails for $16
- 12 eyeshadows
- A mix of mattes, metallics, and satin finishes.
This, my dear friends is the outside packaging.
Now I know you’re really here to see the inside so let’s jump right Into it!
Ta-Da! Here she is. Now I know it looks like the names are not on the palette but I promise you they are. It was difficult to get a picture where you could see the colors and the names so I thought it was more important you see the colors. The names of the colors will be listed down below the swatches. I know you’re DYING to see those so here we go!
First set of six shadows:
•Come and get it
•On the rise
Second set of six shadows:
•Upon a Star
This palette is honestly beautiful. I’m absolutely in love with it! If you like cool toned shadows, I can guarantee you’ll love it too. Not to mention colourpop’s shadow formula is one of the best on the market, the shadows are blendable, buttery, smooth, and buildable. This is definitely a beautiful unique cool toned palette living in a world of warm toned shadows that we all know and love. Pick this palette up or order it online but remember this is an ulta exclusive!
Hey guys! I originally wasn’t going to pick this palette up….. that was until I saw it in store. It was love at first sight, and it was a purchase that showed me I truly do spend way to much money on makeup. This was the purchase that made me diamond at Ulta Beauty.
Let’s jump Into a few things about this palette.
- Sold on the abh website and wherever abh is sold
- 14 shadows
- 7 matte shadows
- 7 metallic shadows
Let’s look at the packaging, it’s a bronzey glitter and it is STUNNING!
Jumping on into the inside and swatches.
- Pearl (metallic pearl-white w/ a soft pink undertone)
- Steampunk (metallic topaz bronze
- Rose Quartz (metallic soft peach w/ a pink shift)
- Ember (metallic bronzed khaki)
- Birch (matte mid-tone yellow-taupe)
- Cinder (metallic cool-tone beige taupe w/ gold flecks)
- Twig (matte mid-tone taupe)
- Teak (metallic golden brown)
- Dystopian (matte dark ash-brown
- Cyborg (metallic silver w/ a violet undertone)
All and all this palette looks boring at first glance but I can promise you…. It’s BEAUTIFUL. The palette is the same formula as other abh palettes, it’s got amazing pigmentation. Totally worth the money!
Hey guys! How have you been? Today we will be talking about the Lime Crime Venus 3 palette! I purchased mine during Ulta Beauty’s 21 days of beauty event for half the price. I’ve been wanting the palette but the discount definitely pushed me over the edge and here we are now.
A few things about the palette:
- It’s available where ever Lime Crime is sold (Lime crime’s website, Ulta, dolls kill, etc)
- It retails for $38
- It has the same packaging as all the other Venus palettes except pink/purple/rose gold
- Cruelty free
Now if you’ve never seen the Venus packaging let me show you!
Now I know you’re just DYING to see the inside! So let’s hop on in!
Isn’t she beautiful?! I absolutely adore the color scheme for this palette with the pinks and purples and rose golds. Let’s jump right into the swatches.
From top to bottom (color description taken from Ulta’s website):
I think If you’re into pinks/purples/rose gold shades, this is going to be a good choice. The matters are blendable and soft, the palette has good pigmentation, and you can create an aray of looks! If you’re personally not into these colors, lime crime offers other palettes (Venus, venus 2, and Venus XL( I have a post on this one)) with the same formula!
- Dreamy (mauve – matte)
- Beam (lilac w/ pink shift – iridescent shimmer)
- Heavenly (rich rose gold – iridescent shimmer)
- Rapture (soft blush w/ blue flash – shimmer matte)
- Ecstasy (dried fig – matte)
- Paradise (bright fuchsia w/ blue glow – glow)
- Bliss (rosewood – matte)
- Beloved (minky lavender brown – metallic)
Lets talk a little bit about this palette, shall we. (all information taken from ulta.com & my knowledge)
- This palette is all about Anastasia’s daughter CLAUDIA aka norvina
- Norvina is the president of the company
- Retails for $42
Norvina had a vision for her palette: “I have always wanted to create a palette that embodies my spirit. I’m a dreamer at heart and get lost in my own fantasy world daily. It’s a whimsical place that leaves you feeling carefree. If I had to explain how these colors made me feel, I would say “happy”.” – Norvina
Jumping into the inside of this baby!
Isn’t she a beaut.
I know, I know…… you’re here for the swatches.
From top to bottom:
- Dreamer (metallic pink champagne
- Summer (metallic foiled golden topaz)
- Wild Child (duo-chrome frosty pink w/ a magenta shift)
- Rose Gold (metallic rosewood)
- Celestial (duo-chrome plum w/ a violet shift)
- Dazzling (duo-chrome cool-tone bronze w/ a violet shift)
- Drama (duo-chrome aubergine w/ a cool bronze shift)
From top to bottom:
- Base (matte eggshell)
- Soul (matte wisteria)
- Incense (matte dusty terracotta)
- Love (matte mid-tone cool pink)
- Volatile (matte warm charcoal)
- Eccentric (matte dark burnt orange)
- Passion (matte deep garnet)
My thoughts and opinions on this palette, let me start off by saying this is my first ever abh palette and I am IN LOVE. The blendability, the pigmentation, the looks I am able to create from these colors are beautiful. Nothing blends into one to turn muddy, which in my opinon is VERY important. I will say that there is some kick back from the matte shadows so if that’s going to bother you i’d skip out on abh palettes all togehter ( from what i’ve heard they all do it). Also some of the shimmer shades are pressed a little less firmly than others, which is no big deal…. just don’t JAM your brush into this palette. All in all I would totally suggest you pick this up if you’ve been eyeing it up!
Hello all! Hope you’re doing well, today we will be talking about the Tarte cosmetics Love, Trust, & Fairy dust eye and cheek palette from the new Flower powered collection. I haven’t been this excited for a palette in a LONG time. I know I know, its just another neutral palette, but something about it immediately grabbed my attention and at that moment I knew I needed it. (The packaging might have slightly helped.) Speaking of the packaging, I read a lot of comments on instagram about how this collection looked like children’s makeup….to each their own.
Let’s jump into some things about the palette:
- Limited Edition
- Retails for $39 (Tarte, Ulta, Sephora)
- 10 eyeshadows
- 1 highlight shade
- Cruelty Free as always with Tarte
(All information was taken directly from Tartecosmetics.com)
Now I know you’re all dying to see this packaging so let’s go!
Isin’t it beautiful?! It’s definitely my favorite packaging tarte has done, then again I’m a sucker for anything with glitter!
What’s that? You want to see the inside?! Well here it is!
The mirror also has the cutest little touch! (Love, Trust, & Fairy dust)
Let’s move into the swatches!
From top to bottom:
- mystical (metallic magenta)
- wish (deep plum matte)
- gossamer (cream matte)
- frolic (light brown matte)
- twinkle (metallic gold)
- flitter (metallic light pink)
From top to bottom: ( The bottom shade is the shade in the middle aka the highlighter)
- wonder (deep plummy brown matte)
- whimsical (purple mauve matte)
- giggle (light mauve matte)
- magic (metallic rosy copper with silver shimmer)
- flower crown (metallic white champagne)
Lastly I just want to add that I LOVE this palette with all my heart! It has totally won me over! I highly suggest picking up this palette if the colors are your cup of tea.
I was very hesitant on purchasing this palette. Why you may ask, because let’s be honest…. lately too faced hasn’t been doing so well. I bit the bullet and went into Ulta and I swatched the palette and instantly fell in love. This palette has beautiful pigmentation and amazing neutral color selection…. if these colors speak to you, BUY IT!
Some things to know:
- This collection is Ulta exclusive
- Palette retails for $45
- It’s actually called the candy eyes palette
Let’s talk about the packaging. This palette comes in a tin that looks like an old school candy box. The back of the tin even features the shade named but with a candy picture… just like candy boxes do. The attention to detail is phenomenal on this packaging presentation.
Once you open the tin you see a piece of thick waxy paper on top of the shadows (as if they were candy pieces).
Now I know you’re sitting there like “SHOW US THE SHADOWS ALREADY” so let’s jump into it.
Now onto the swatches
Top to bottom:
- Sparkling cider
- Sugared strawberry
- Cream puff
- Sugar plum
- Raspberry cocoa
Top to bottom:
- Sweet toffee
- Frosted pink
- Hot chocolate
- Taupe berry
- Licorice rope
Top to bottom:
- Banana cream pie
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
The swatches speak for themselves, Too Faced and Kandee Johnson did an amazing job on this palette and the entire I want kandee collection honestly. I would definitely recommend you pick this palette up!
Hello beauty junkies! Today we are going to talk about Ulta sending out Free gifts?! Yes you read that right, I said FREE.
It started off as any other day, I went about my errands and came home to check my mail and a little white box from Ulta beauty was waiting for me. I thought it was strange because I hadn’t ordered anything. For such a small box… it sure was heavy. I opened the box to find a sweet note/postcard and a free high end product!
I will insert pictures of the note below but first lets go over what it said. Tarte x Ultamate rewards platinum was the first thing I saw, meaning this gift was because I was a platinum member! The note then goes on to thank me for being a platinum member and saying this was a special treat just for me.
Im sure at this point you’re all wondering what the gift was…… am I right? It was the tarteist pro glow highlight & contour palette. I was in complete and utter shock, or as the beauty community now says “I WAS SHOOK”. Ulta already has an amazing rewards system in my opinion, so the fact that they’re now sending gifts for spending sooo much money is fantastic. If you don’t shop at ulta you’re probably like what makes their rewards system so amazing aka better than sephora (which I still love so hush). Let me tell you a few things about ulta’s rewards program.
- They give a free birthday gift
- If you sign up for emails they have promotions where you can get 2x, 3x, or even 5x bonus points on that particular item/brand.
- Your points turn into MONEY.
- You have to spend only $450 a year to be platinum, which let’s face it is easy to do when you’re addicted to beauty products.
I think it was very sweet of them to send platinum members such a sweet gift and I thank them. I think more companies should try this approach, it makes the costumer feel appreciated for all of the money we spend. So again I say thank you to Tarte cosmetics and Ulta Beauty.