Hello beauty junkies! Today we are going to talk about Ulta sending out Free gifts?! Yes you read that right, I said FREE.
It started off as any other day, I went about my errands and came home to check my mail and a little white box from Ulta beauty was waiting for me. I thought it was strange because I hadn’t ordered anything. For such a small box… it sure was heavy. I opened the box to find a sweet note/postcard and a free high end product!
I will insert pictures of the note below but first lets go over what it said. Tarte x Ultamate rewards platinum was the first thing I saw, meaning this gift was because I was a platinum member! The note then goes on to thank me for being a platinum member and saying this was a special treat just for me.
Im sure at this point you’re all wondering what the gift was…… am I right? It was the tarteist pro glow highlight & contour palette. I was in complete and utter shock, or as the beauty community now says “I WAS SHOOK”. Ulta already has an amazing rewards system in my opinion, so the fact that they’re now sending gifts for spending sooo much money is fantastic. If you don’t shop at ulta you’re probably like what makes their rewards system so amazing aka better than sephora (which I still love so hush). Let me tell you a few things about ulta’s rewards program.
- They give a free birthday gift
- If you sign up for emails they have promotions where you can get 2x, 3x, or even 5x bonus points on that particular item/brand.
- Your points turn into MONEY.
- You have to spend only $450 a year to be platinum, which let’s face it is easy to do when you’re addicted to beauty products.
I think it was very sweet of them to send platinum members such a sweet gift and I thank them. I think more companies should try this approach, it makes the costumer feel appreciated for all of the money we spend. So again I say thank you to Tarte cosmetics and Ulta Beauty.
Let’s start off with a few key things about this palette.
- Limited Edition
- Available at ulta, sephora, and tarte’s website
- 10 eyeshadows
- 1 matte shade
- 1 highlighter
Now onto the packaging! Oh my god is it stunning, It’s like looking into a kaleidoscope.
I know you must be dying to see the inside of this beauty, well here it is!
isn’t she amazing?! This is tarte’s first colorful palette and boy oh boy did they nail it in my opinion. Not to mention the pigmentation is flawless.
Swatches are as Followed.
From top to bottom:
- myth (matte nude)
- magic (bronze)
- wings (copper)
- marvel (metallic sage)
- trance (taupe slate)
From top to bottom:
- fairy (metallic lavender)
- mystic (blue pearl)
- dream (turquoise)
- crystal (iridescent champagne)
- pixie (golden pink)
Last but not least the highlight
- believe (pearl highlight)
I personally believe this palette is worth it to go pick up. Breath taking packaging, highly pigmented shadows… what more could you ask for? I do wish they would have added one or two more matte shades in here but since they didn’t that just means you’ll get use out of two palettes that day!
I highly recommend this palette.
This is going to be a relatively short post because there isn’t much to say other than YOU NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE!!!!
Let’s start off with a few things to know about these babies.
- They are limited edition.
- They are sold on tarte’s website, sephora, and ulta.
- They are $39
- The set comes with 5 brushes.
The brushes come in a box with them pictured on the front.
Inside the box is unicorn tissue paper! What more could a girl ask for, am I right?!
Once you get past that beautiful tissue paper you see your beautiful new gold handled unicorn horn magic wand brushes!
Each brush has a unique color and propose (as stated below from left to right):
- purple liquid foundation brush: dense, fluffy bristles pick up & apply cream or liquid foundations & primers
- green blending eyeshadow brush: fluffy shadow brush defines the crease while blending out harsh lines
- pink powder brush: applies just the right amount of foundation or finishing powder for an airbrushed look
- blue shading eyeshadow brush: flat shading brush packs on base shadows & softens around the crease
- magenta contour brush: dense, flat bristles create a perfectly controlled contour
This is an amazing set of brushes! They’re soft, light weight, and beautiful!
*The information I have gathered here for you today was from tarte’s website!
We all know how makeup companies have collections within that company, right? Well Double Duty Beauty is Tarte’s ulta exclusive collection. When you hear double you automatically think two of something, correct? All of the products in this line have two purposes and this one happens to have skin care benefits! Makeup with skin care benefits!!!!
Also on each of these products there is a cute little quote! The powder came in a little purple bag with the words “make today beautiful”. As pictured below:
This particular product is a powder foundation which I would say gives a nice medium coverage, and is amazing for setting your foundation.It also comes with a little puff to apply the powder if you prefer those over brushes. The actual compact of the powder is a shiny gold metallic. As pictured below:
The product retails for $35 and It comes in ten shades which are listed below.
- fair neutral ~ fair skin with yellow and pink undertones
- fair-light neutral ~ fair to light skin with yellow and pink undertones
- light beige ~ light skin with pink undertones
- light neutral ~ light skin with yellow and pink tones
- light-medium neutral ~ light to medium skin with yellow and pink undertones
- medium honey ~ medium skin with peach undertones
- medium neutral ~ medium skin with yellow and pink undertones
- medium-tan honey ~ medium to tan skin with peach undertones
- tan honey ~ tan skin with peach undertones
- deep honey ~ deep skin with peach undertones
As always tarte is dermatologist tested, cruelty free, vegan friendly, and always formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, tricolsan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and gluten.